We've made it to the 7th chakra - the Crown Chakra! The crown chakra (sahasrara) connects us with our higher consciousness. It is represented by pink or white light and is located at the top of the head. Because of its location, the crown chakra is closely associated with the brain and the whole nervous system. Thus, this chakra is connected with our thoughts and "knowing" and when in balance, this chakra assists us with living in the present and trusting our inner guidance.
As we are immersed in the energy of the crown chakra, we feel a state of blissful union with all that is, of spiritual ecstasy. This chakra allows access to the upmost clarity and enlightened wisdom. Some describe this chakra as the gateway to the cosmic self or the divine self, to universal consciousness. It’s linked to the infinite, the universal
Crown Chakra Connections:
- Awareness of higher consciousness, wisdom, of what is sacred
- Connection with the formless, the limitless
- Realization, liberation from limiting patterns
- Communion with higher states of consciousness, with
- Ecstasy, bliss
Signs of Imbalance:
- Being disconnected to spirit (the Universe, your best self, a God, etc...), constant cynicism regarding what is sacred.
- On the opposite side, an overactive crown chakra could manifest as a disconnection with the body
- Living in your head, being disconnected from your body and earthly matters
- Obsessive attachment to spiritual matters
Things You Can Do:
- Crown Chakra Meditation
- Reflexology or Massage
- Aromatherapy (Sandalwood, Saffron, Jasmine)
- Sound Therapy
- Fasting or Detox Cleanse
Chakra Hatha every Monday morning at 9:30 am - we're calling on Crown Chakra this Monday, the 19th!
Other February Finds @ SoulShine!
Wednesday 2/21/18 @ 6:30pm
Interested in our Yoga Immersion/Teacher Training program, but have questions? This is the place to be!
Please register ahead of time (it's FREE), so we are certain to have enough materials for everyone in attendance.
We cannot wait to see you and share with you what we have planned for this beautiful training!
Saturday 2/24/18 @ 7:00 pm
Yoga Nidra translates to "Yoga Sleep".
Join Sarah for an exploration of the subconscious mind by the way of the body in this restful practice. Yoga Nidra has shown to be beneficial in manifestation practice, in promoting healthy sleep habits, and having positive effects on depression, anxiety, and PTSD.
Dress comfy. Your favorite pillow/blanket(s) are encouraged!